Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Feedback on Andrew Wilson Received

HMS recently received this feedback letter  regarding our work on Andrew Wilson Elementary School:



Mr. Montgomery – I recently realized that you were the person behind the incredible renovation of the Andrew Wilson school in Broadmoor.  I wanted to just sent a quick note to let you know how much I admire the work that you and your firm accomplished for the students and the community.  I have had the opportunity to tour the school on several different occasions (one time with U.S. Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez) and each time I discover something new and wonderful about the building.  I wondered if you were doing any other school projects in New Orleans….I am hopeful that we will see more historic renovations similar to Wilson. I respect both your creative adaptation of connecting the historic building with the new wing and your mindfulness of the costs associated with operating and maintaining a public school through your design, and your use of energy conserving materials and equipment.

As we all work together to create a new public education system in Orleans Parish, I think we can all learn a thing or two about the facility side of education reform from you and your team.   I just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with the Wilson Project and that I hope to see more of your work throughout New Orleans.  Please let me know what school(s) you are working on next.


Kathy

Kathleen Padian
President
Board of Directors
NOLA 180

No comments:

Post a Comment